Hydrothrem introduces a second kit specifically assembled for the Educator and Environmental Science student. Using the popular Hydrothrem Agricultural Combination Test Kit, (HI 3895 and HI 3896), as its foundation, the Soil Quality Education Test Kit is designed to provide a complete unit for teachers and introduce students to important chemical tests for evaluating soil quality and fertility, and relate these measurements to the principles of plant metabolism. Tied together by an extensive Teacher's Guide, this kit includes in-depth background information about each parameter, has classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter, and contains detailed field-testing procedures.
Hydrothrem Agricultural Combination Test Kit addresses important issues related to soil quality and modern agriculture practices. Real-world examples help students understand the relevance of macronutrients and other parameters in everyday life. This kit introduces the student to all major soil quality topics, and is presented in an easy-to-use format that makes lessons accessible, understandable and enjoyable.
Test kit includes:
- pHep 4: water-resistant pH/temperature tester by HANNA instruments
- DiST 5: water-resistant conductivity and TDS tester by HANNA instruments
- HANNA instruments. HI 145 digital thermometer
- Backpac-style carrying case which holds all the components of the kit
- Extensive teachers manual with a curriculum that meets the National Science Teachers Association Standard
- Overhead transparencies with summaries of each parameter
- Laminated instruction cards with step-by-step field test procedures
- Lab activity worksheets with instructions, goals, hypothesis, testing procedure results and comments
- A glossary of key terms for classroom display